- July 8, 2018
- Posted by: acjered
- Category: #DYSLEXIA, Articles
CAS is also know as AOS Apraxia of Speech.
It is a neurological disorder that affects the brain pathways involved in producing Speech.
The brain knows what it wants to say , but cannot properly plan and sequence the required Speech sound movement.
- The severity varies from child to child.
- It is Speech sound disorder that affects pronunciation and articulation of words with many syllables.
- It is present from birth,and so it is not the same as developmental delay in speech.
- Children with AOS usually have distorting sounds.
- It can be noticed between the ages of 18months and 4.
- Children with AOS have delays in intellectual and motor development as well as problems with reading, spelling and writing.
- Children with AOS makes inconsistent errors in speech and usually do not place the Speech structures; the tongue and jaw in the right position during articulation and speech production.
- Incorrect use of prosody; characterized by making errors in tone,stress or rhythm.
- Children with AOS easily Omits or Substitute Sounds for example saying ” fum” instead of “thumb”, ” wabbit ” instead of “rabbit”, ” Tup” instead of “Cup”, ” doo” instead of “zoo” “ting” instead of “sting” etc.
- AOS or CAS can be managed with Intensive one-on-one therapy and personal attention.
Request an appointment with us to know more……
Click the Link: https://indieducationalconsult.com/contact-us/